Why is Car Insurance Important?
There are many reasons to buy car insurance:-
- Pay Now and Save Later – Car insurance can help protect you and your family from huge expenses. By investing a small amount now in your own protection, you can help avoid costly expenses in the future. Coverages such as collision insurance, comprehensive insurance, property damage liability and bodily injury liability can help cover the costs of expensive claims if an accident happens.
- Protect Yourself and Others – The right car insurance can help protect you, your family members, your passengers and other drivers. If an accident happens, you want to know you have the right coverage to take care of any property or bodily injury costs that may arise. Get a car insurance quote online or speak with an agent today to learn how you can help protect yourself and your family.
- Save Time and Hassle – The fallout from a car accident can be incredibly time-consuming and tedious. With appropriate coverage, you can avoid negotiating with other drivers and property owners involved in the accident and managing the costs of repairing or replacing your vehicle. Good car insurance can help handle a lot of these headaches. A good auto insurance policy can help with vehicle towing, repairs and replacements, and covering the costs of damages to other drivers. Once you make a car insurance claim, the insurance company can help manage the process and support you through it.
- Peace of Mind – Everyone makes mistakes. But sometimes another driver’s mistake can become your problem. With the right type of car insurance you can feel confident that you’re protected if an uninsured or underinsured driver hits you.
- Supplement Your Health Insurance – Car insurance may be able to help you pay for medical expenses that health insurance normally won’t cover. A good car insurance policy can help cover expenses such as dental work and medical treatments required as the result of an auto accident.
Why is Car Insurance Mandatory in India?
Have you ever boarded the wrong plane and reached a destination with not much money left in your pocket? Or have you tried snorkelling without a guide and proper pieces of equipment? For sure answer to both of these must be a No but, why?
In the two situations mentioned above, you definitely need a savior. Either, you would need a lot of money or a fearless hope that no misfortune will affect you. It can be possible but definitely could be an unreasonable option.
We live in India where general issues like the unruly rise of the population, the number of cars and hence the increase in traffic strike really hard. Due to the unmatched rise in the number of cars and other dynamics, probability of mishaps has also risen.
These accidental mishaps can sometimes be devastating for you, your family and other third parties. It can leave you and the others, involved in the accident, financially strained and distressed. Hence, the government of India made it mandatory for vehicle owners to buy at least a Third-Party Car Insurance.
What Is A Motor Insurance Policy?
A motor insurance policy covers the owner from any financial losses incurred as a result of an unforeseen circumstance, like an accident, natural disaster, theft, etc. Any damages to the insured vehicle, the policy holder or third-party will be covered by the insurer.
The Most Important Car Insurance Coverage
The most important coverage has to be your state’s minimum liability and property damage coverage. More than anything else, you need to maintain car insurance to keep yourself legal to drive. You risk losing your driver’s license and fines driving without it. Get into an accident without liability coverage and you could be facing enormous penalties including bills from the damages you caused.
Other Important Coverage
You want to protect your own property too. You will need to purchase physical damage coverage so you are protected against major expenses of car repairs if you cause damage to your vehicle or some other outside factor causes damage to your car.
Collision coverage pays out when you damage your vehicle in a collision whether it is with another vehicle, a tree, or mailbox; it does not matter. Collision will pay out minus your deductible.